- Advertised on school website in all cases
- Advertised in national and local press; school bulletin - as appropriate
- Will receive a job description, guidance for applicants, copy of the Child Protection Statement together with notification of application closing date and proposed interview date.
- Interview Day
- Will include an opportunity to tour the school, meet students and staff and a formal interview.
- It could also include a lesson observation and staff, student and Governor panels. Shortlisted candidates will be advised of the interview programme requirements in advance.
- To meet safer recruitment guidelines candidates will be requested to bring evidence of qualifications and photo ID. References will be requested prior to the interview day.
- All candidates will be advised within 48 hours of the interview decision and will be offered feedback if requested.
CRB check, medical fitness questionnaire and verification of professional status will all need to be successfully completed prior to appointment.