Care and support
Staff and student wellbeing is of paramount importance to everyone at Samuel Ryder Academy. Features of our provision include:
- Thorough, supportive and professional induction process offered to all new staff - both teaching and support staff. This includes sessions with key personnel to explain school process and systems in all academic, pastoral and whole school areas.
- NQTs have remission in their timetables for this first year at SRA. NQTs also have a tailored induction programme of regular sessions covering topics such as classroom behaviour management, child protection, role of the learning support department, preparing for parents evenings, etc. Additional funding is also available for NQTs to attend Hertfordshire NQT training and conferences.
- Buddy system in place for all staff.
- Regular, diarised whole staff meetings. In addition to these, support staff meetings are held termly during the school day.
- Annual performance management reviews carried out for all staff where opportunity is given to review successes, acknowledge personal targets and highlight areas for personal and professional development.
- CPD programme includes staff wellbeing opportunities.
- Active and lively staff association.
- Exit Interviews - SRA is always keen to acknowledge what is going well but also to recognise what could be better.