Aims and values
It is the aim of the school that each child will:
- achieve high standards in relation to talents and ability in every area of the curriculum
- become effective, articulate and fluent communicators through written and spoken word
- have begun to develop the critical thinking skills that support reasoned and rational thought
- become independent learners with the skills to play and learn
- become fluent readers.
- feel confident and valued as an individual, secure in relationships with peers and adults
- adopt a respectful caring and responsible attitude to life
- develop the curiosity and perseverance necessary for life long learning
- give expression to a wide variety of talents
- be able to remember their primary school years with a smile.
Spiritually, Culturally and in Citizenship
- be aware and respectful of the diversity of religions and cultures within society and feel safe with his/her own beliefs
- develop inner strength from a growing understanding of morals and choice
- be aware of the responsibilities of citizenship locally and globally.
- understand the basic principles of maintaining good health
- have been given the opportunity to acquire skills and a liking for physical activities.
The curriculum is the medium through which the school sets out to achieve these aims and the ethos of the school is determined by the manner in which the curriculum is delivered, and by those values and attitudes which underpin the teaching and learning.
At the Samuel Ryder Academy we have the same shared values as Sir John Lawes regarding children’s learning. This can be summed up by ‘ACE’: Achievement, Care and Excellence. ACE underpins everything that we do and provides a secure basis for all to strive and accomplish.
We have taken the idea of ACE and have created a code of behaviour for primary pupils, which the children will follow during their time with us and will strive to uphold.
All children at Samuel Ryder will enjoy learning and try their best
Calm, caring children who are respectful, honest and follow instructions
Excellent in every way